Paul is a highly qualified and experienced security professional with over 30 years’ experience across a variety of security industry sectors (including 7 years Irish Naval Service and 7 years Army) currently employed in a senior management role. In 2016 he was appointed as a Peace Commissioner ex officio by the Minister of Justice and Equality.
For the past 12 years he has been heavily involved in industry training while continuously enhancing his own personal development through his third level academic studies.
Paul is currently a director of the Security Institute of Ireland.
• Master’s Degree (MSc) in Emergency Management (DCU)
• Certificate in Training and Education (NUI Galway)
• Diploma in Terrorism and Counter Measures at Advanced Level (Security Institute of Ireland)
• Tactical Baton Instructor – ASP USA
• Tactical Handcuff Instructor – ASP USA
• NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
• Control & Restraint Instructor
• Tetra Radio Instructor – Tetra Ireland
• Video Audio Evidence Gathering (VAEG) Instructor