RISK ASSESSMENTS & THREAT ANALYSIS FOR STAFF
As part of every business your staff are your number one priority, this becomes more relevant when your employees are dealing directly with the public. The Security Industry were always the first to see this as security officers would be the first and last point of contact with the public.
Responsibilities of management and owners of companies is to protect your staff as much as reasonably practicable from Risk & Threats. The Private Security Authority of Ireland have identified this under all new Guarding standards 28:2013 & 33:2014.
This type of risk and threat assessment is not exclusive to the security sector, all frontline staff from Hospitals, Council Offices, Hotels and any buildings used by the Public are exposed.
If you are responsible for your employee safety ask yourself these questions
- Are they a Lone Worker?
Isolation from colleagues puts employees at increased risk and makes them feel more vulnerable to violence even if the violence does not manifest itself.
- Is the Job Location adding Risk?
This can affect an employee’s risk of becoming a victim of assault as certain areas may have higher rates of violent crime. Employees who are mobile should be aware of locations which have a history of violent incidents.
- Is cash handling exposing opportunities for crime?
Handling cash means robbery may be a possibility even if only small amounts are handled.
- Do the public have to wait?
Employees who provide a public service often deal with persons who have been waiting in a queue for some time, with rising frustration.
- Is there more dangerous times then others?
There are certain times of the day which are more dangerous than others, such when opening or closing premises in which cash is kept
What we do at ProSecure is evaluate your current staff risk assessments and develop a Security Risk Management plan that can be rolled out to your employees.
- Assess current situation
- Study guidelines for sector of business
- Draft a Risk Management Plan
- Create a Risk management policy for staff
- Highlight any Hazards and Risks that are not covered under current situation
- Draft new Procedures to include employee risk assessment
- Draft a Training policy to include hazard identification and Control measures
- Develop controls for policy to include updates (Toolbox Talks)
- Draft a compliance document as part of Risk Management Plan
Ask us about staff threat and risk assessment
Ask about our Conflict Training for Frontline staff